RF won't open...

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
Ishmayeck

RF won't open...

Post by Ishmayeck » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:03 pm

I have a pre-Pentium computer with no 3-D capabilities and a 2MB video card. When I try to start RealityFactory it goes to a black full-screen mode and then closes and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Ishmayeck

Post by Ishmayeck » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:09 pm

Sorry I guess this belongs in the setup support section...
I would usually put 225 return keys in here, but I think I'll spare you for the moment.

GD1

Post by GD1 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:48 pm

well, if it has no 3D capabilities and a pre-pentium processor, then thats whats wrong. RF is designed to run on DirectX 7 and up. With a 2MB video card its not likely that any modern game or game engine would run. Also, RF needs at least 500 to 700 MHz minimum for the processor, but i would recomend something over 1.5 GHz, with at least a 64MB GPU, and 256MB RAM. I know those are some harsh requirements for a DX7 engine, but you have to realize, it's open source, which means the community develops it. It has no full-time staff working round the clock to speed it up and add features. And, while these features eventually get added, they're often not as optimized as they need to be, due to either lack of time, lack of testing, or lack of talent, or a combination of the three.

And if that post comes off harsh, dont take it that way, Im just stating the obvious.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:10 am

definitly, there needs to be some sort of video support for rf to run im afraid. if your pc has pci slots, you can pick up a decent pci video card that would work for cheap (20 - $40 American dollars). I have run rf on a 366 mhz celeron, but rf depends on the processor for alot of the brunt graphics work, so it needs to be decent, at least.

same as above, dont mean to come off harsh, and welcome to the community!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:59 am

Minimum hardware requirements are listed on this site and in the docs...

http://www.realityfactory.info/cms/inde ... quirements

A pre-Pentium pc with a 2MB video card is definitely unable to run RF, no offence but this thing must be older than 10 years by now :roll: A (minimum) system that is able to run RF should be pretty cheap nowadays