New user, same old problem

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
lord_marcus2

New user, same old problem

Post by lord_marcus2 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Hello everybody.

I'm using RF for 3 days. I experimented some problems, but at first it worked. Then...

In the days before I found a virus in my pc that destroyed some important windows features. At the end i decided to reinstall completly windows xp. I also installed the new geforce 7200 driver.

Now, when I start RF, I can see only the genesis logo then it crashes. The log file says simply "Searching for fullscreen driver"...

I read other posts in this forum and I found that Metal Head had the same problem some month ago. But I don't know how he fixed it.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: New user, same old problem

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:05 pm

Is RF installed in a path that has spaces in it? Try installing it in C:\RealityFactory.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

lord_marcus2

Post by lord_marcus2 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:52 pm

paradoxnj wrote:Is RF installed in a path that has spaces in it? Try installing it in C:\RealityFactory.
I tried that path but it still doesnt work. (I also tried previous version of RF but there's no way).

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Try changing your Video Setup to OpenGl.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Please post your RealityFactory.log file too.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

lord_marcus2

Post by lord_marcus2 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 pm

paradoxnj wrote:Please post your RealityFactory.log file too.
I managed to undertand what the log file is and whee it is. I thought it was the txt file in the same RF directory simply called realityfactor that apperas after running the game. Unfortunatly it only says "Searching for fullscreen driver". I hope I'm wrong...

EDIT

Now I realized my windows installation didn't install the audio driver. I searched the internet but it's impossible to have it! Maybe this is the question...

EDIT 2

Yes! THAT was the problem! I worked hard to find the driver, eheh... It's 2 o clock in the mornig! Now I hope I'll not encounter the other problems I had before reinstalling windows: I couldn't insert projected shadows or even a static mesh. It caused crashing. I will let you know.