CONFUSING-I NEED HELP

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
kkskeshava

Re: CONFUSING-I NEED HELP

Post by kkskeshava » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:09 am

i got my dad to explain a bit and my graphic card is 8TI but i also now understand what you said, and i want to kno do i have to check all my walls and roofs and stuff to find out which texture is wrong?? thank you

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:59 am

Do you use one of the texture libraries (.txl files in the media\levels folder) that come with Reality Factory or did you create a new one or did you add (a) texture(s) to one? If the latter is the case you must have used the RF Texture packer which displays the size of a texture when you select it in the list. All textures must be a power of 2 in size (i.e. 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, ...) and they should be square ( :arrow: 8x8, 16x16, 32x32, ...).
The same goes for textures used on actors.
A simple search for "BeginFrame failed" should have brought up this information.

kkskeshava

Post by kkskeshava » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:03 am

QOD i realise i am getting annoying now but i read the begin frame forum but i didn't even use a .ini.file that i know of and i complatly changed my whole level's texture to one of the 128X128 textures but it doesn't work maybe i am not getting something you have said before but my problem has the same results as that last post "beginframe failed" sorry for how many time i am asking but could you clarify what step i should take other than chnging my texture or changing them because that i have already done a few times... thank you for you tolerence so far

kkskeshava

Post by kkskeshava » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:21 am

QOD?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:37 am

I made several suggestions in the email I sent you. Have you tried out all of them?
I looked at your level and it compiles and runs without any problems on my computer (using RF 0.76.1 and the default txl file).
If you don't use any other textures then you might try to uninstall and reinstall Reality Factory or select a different video driver using the video setup tool (in the main RF folder).

kkskeshava

Post by kkskeshava » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:20 pm

thx i will ry it out

ur awsome for sticking out and helping me with my probleme QOD