RF searching for full screen driver?

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
disscombobilated

RF searching for full screen driver?

Post by disscombobilated » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:27 pm

my old computer died so im in the process of setting back up on my even older computer (AMD1ghz 256mb with a ATI9600 w\128mb) RF has been crashing right after the gears stop spinning and the log says "Searching for windowed driver" it used to say searching for full screen driver untill i changed it in RFINI. i remembered i had to download DX9 from microsucks but that didnt fix it :? dont know what to do now.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:31 pm

hmm. try this:

go to c:\realityfactory\realityfactory.ini, and find the line

Driver=d3d

and change it to

Driver=ogl

then save the file and run realityfactory again. that changes the api it uses to render graphics from directx to opengl, and depending on your hardware that may be the problem. if not, feel free to post again and we can try something else.

thats a pretty good card, if it isnt a typo, so if that doesnt work try downloading the latest drivers for it from http://www.ati.com

disscombobilated

Post by disscombobilated » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:04 pm

i pulled the card out of my computer that just died (motherboard fryed somehow and i cant find one for a 2ghz that uses sdram. there all ddram now so...$) anyway i tried what you said and im getting the same message. i just redownloaded the driver from radeon but this time i clicked the 33mb one insted of the lightduty one. i also ran windows update and there was something about a sp4 extra. this has sp4. i dont know whats extra but... anyway i read the post a few down from here about the same problem and i tried unsuccessfully to change a few .dll names. i changed them all back. im thinking of reinstalling RF because i installed it before DX9 and the card driver without thinking. maybe thatll work? windows want me to restart. brb