I'm an idiot

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
hamchuck

I'm an idiot

Post by hamchuck » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:39 am

I'm trying to get started with my entities and came across the below FAQ and i'm still stumped. How do I get to " In the level editor, make sure the preferences or options headers"

any help to get me started would be great

Thank you

There are only a few entities. How do I see them all?

A. In the level editor, make sure the preferences or options headers are set to c:\RealityFactory\source (or wherever your install of Reality Factory is).

hamchuck

Re: I'm an idiot

Post by hamchuck » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:47 am

got it :D I'm learning

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Take a look at the manual and the Ebook before posting. 99% of newbie questions are answered in them.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

hamchuck

Post by hamchuck » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:51 pm

yeah, i hear ya. I have checked out a lot of tutorials and followed them step by step and for the most part it has all added up. But i have come across an issue i cant find an answer to. I have successfully made 2 rooms with a doorway between them, but when i try to add a third room to it, the cube only gives me a single lined cube (as opposed to doublelined). When i place the cube in the area that i want it and "add current item to word, it leaves a red cube there and it doesnt seem to be a room. I try to make a doorway to it and it just creates this huge leak into black nothingness. Any ideas?

I have one other question that seems basic but doesnt seem to be in the tutorials. i have built my room, but how do i build the "outside" world. i'm not worried out textures and stuff but just an outside world that i can walk out of my room into.

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Also if you where this info is located please point me in that direction. I work in tech support and understand the frustration of people asking questions that are already documented somewhere.

jamieo01

Post by jamieo01 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:58 pm

It seems like you checkd the solid box in the template view. I find creating rooms from muliple slid brushes gives you better result as they are easier to manipulate