[FIXED IN 0.78.0] RFEditPro - Texture Tab Display

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
RobF

[FIXED IN 0.78.0] RFEditPro - Texture Tab Display

Post by RobF » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:05 am

I'm having a terrible time trying to decipher which texture is which, as they are all displayed so grainy on the Texture Tab, however they do display correctly once applied to a brush. The default.txl displays correctly but some textures in rfpack (e.g. plantanem, stwall02) and rfpack1 are grainy. Most of the textures i've created in mypack.txl look nothing like they should on the Texture Tab, but display correctly once applied. And they also compile correctly. Textures like grasses are black with the odd coloured speckle, so having grouped several together in my txl pack, can't see which is which!

Are you calling two different dll's, one for the workspace and one for the texture Tab display area?

Display Adapter Nvidia 8400 GS
Windows7 Ulimate
Rob

Allanon

Re: RFEditPro - Texture Tab Display

Post by Allanon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:47 am

The texture preview was made to display 8 and 16 bit textures, higher res textures will not look good.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: RFEditPro - Texture Tab Display

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:59 am

Actually, the problem stems from resizing textures to 128x128 for the preview (and not so much from the conversion to 16bit). The default interpolation used by Windows messes up the colours. Fixed for RF 0.78.0.