Menu Alphas and Video Driver

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
IndigoWraithe

Menu Alphas and Video Driver

Post by IndigoWraithe » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:48 am

okay, so when i run the game using direct 3d, the alpha bitmaps for the menu don't load and all the buttons and the cursor are surrounded by a black box. in game, everything works fine, but not in the menu. When i switched over the OpenGL, i had no issues in the menu anymore, but the game rendered terribly. my laptop is an older bottom-end model and it was not meant for hardcore gaming, but i am fairly certain that it should be able to run RF. i have done all the googling and forum searching i can take, so now i am asking for some help. is there some way for me to correct either the alpha bitmap issues with Direct3d or the rendering issues with OpenGL? just so you know, I am running the most recent version of DirectX9.0c which as far as I am aware is the highest version my laptop will support. as for OpenGL, I am running 1.4 and I am unsure whether or not I can run a higher version or even where to get a better version. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to get past these technical issues and get on with making my game. thank you.

Gamemaker

Re: Menu Alphas and Video Driver

Post by Gamemaker » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:50 pm

I was also having that problem, but I bought a new laptop, and everything is fine. Sorry, I can't help!