Download Issues

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
Creature

Download Issues

Post by Creature » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:10 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to download the main RF install file and failing miserably. :( I do have a relatively slow connection at home at ~ 48Kb/s, but I've downloaded files about that size before w/ no problems. Every time I try to download the file, after about 3-4 minutes and 2-3% of download the download stops. I click on resume download and it goes to 2-4% more and sops again. Tried this about 5 times already.

Finally, I decide to go to my mom's work where there's a decent internet connection and try downloading there. I click on the download and it downloads in literally a fraction of a second. Suspiciously fast, I'd say, but ok. Maybe that's just an internet connection w/ superpowers or something. I bring the file home, dubble-click it and:
Setup files are corrupted, please obtain a new copy of the program
WTF? I check the file preferences, the instal file is 263Kb, instead of the 13.# MB that the download page claims it is.

What's going on? 0.o?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:42 pm

I just tried to download it and the file is ok.

You might try to use a download manager like MetaProducts Download Express. Also cleaning your temporary internet files may help....

Creature

Post by Creature » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:50 am

I got the download manager you suggested and was finally able to download RF. Thankfuly the DM had auto-resume. This time it didnt stop every 2% but every 5-10%. I've seriously never had this problem before. My guess is that it's not the file itself it may be your web host. Do you want a mirror site? Let me know if you do, 'cause I've got 5GB of web space sitting there doing nothing.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:33 pm

Do you want a mirror site? Let me know if you do, 'cause I've got 5GB of web space sitting there doing nothing
Of course I can add a link in the download section, but consider that the RF download may use a few GB of bandwidth/month...

Creature

Post by Creature » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:38 pm

How many Gig in average?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:25 pm

Unfortunately I don't have exact statistcs about this, but we have around 2500 first time visitors and 1500 returning visitors per month.
Let's say about half of the first time visitors are downloading the file, that makes 15-20 GB/month... if there's a new release this will be much higher of course

Creature

Post by Creature » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:39 pm

I've got enough bandwidth for now: 250GB. In the future, if bandwidth shortage it becomes a problem, I could remove the file (I'll let you know if I do that) it or get more. For now, I'm barely using any myself.

I've uplaoded the file:

http://www.creature-of-legend.com/mirro ... ry072A.exe

My upload client did disconnect once during the upload but then resumed. If any file corruption resulted (now it shows 14.0MB instead of 13.9, for some reason), let me know and I'll re-upload it from a decent internet connection.

Creature

Post by Creature » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:39 am

Are you gonna add the link, or what? /me spent ~3 hours uploading the thing...

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:15 am

??? it is linked. right in your post. ???

oh and thx btw!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:38 pm

take it easy! :wink:
link added...

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:31 am

No problem :wink: