Runing HELP

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
TheWiz

Runing HELP

Post by TheWiz » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Im sorry for probly sounding like and idiot but I have used Reality Factory before a while ago and I know its good so im not going to give up!! But now I have another problem when I go to build/run my game it kept poping up cant find this or that .dil file it was looking for them in c:/Program Files(x86)/the.dil Where it should have been looking for them in c:/Program Files(x86)/RealityFactory/the.dill so i eventually just copyed all the .dil's into Program Files(x86) And all the files to and it started working!! I was like YAY but then it came up reality factory i chose my character and stuff then it just froze and my computer stoped responding!! Can you help please iv looked everywhere to try to find how to fix this but I cant so I hope you can help!!
Thanks,
TheWiz

Jay
RF Dev Team

Re: Runing HELP

Post by Jay » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:55 am

Ignore the errors and just try if the game works. My games have worked so far. i think it looks for glide drivers or so, but those are so horribly outdated that it doesn't matter anyways (i don't think anyone still has a card that supports it, it's the vodoo cards... but they should also run with direct3d)
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

TheWiz

Post by TheWiz » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:59 am

But I still cant get it to compile my game and I would kind of like to be able to compile my game!!

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:50 am

I'm no expert but could I suggest you reinstall it allowing it to install to the default directories where the installer wants to install to?

You can move any levels, texture and other media you've made so far into the new install locations.
Just a noob with a genuine hobby interest looking for answers not found in docs.
Info on my purpose here can be found at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4831

TheWiz

Post by TheWiz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:31 am

Thanks for the idea I tryed it but right before I pressed download I thought wait what if its the update because I didnt know where to download it to so it never got put in!!! So where do I download the update to :?:

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Wish I could help you, but I didn't even know there was an update. Sorry :(
Just a noob with a genuine hobby interest looking for answers not found in docs.
Info on my purpose here can be found at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4831

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:05 am

Please, install RealityFactory to C:\RealityFactory instead of C:\Program Files\RealityFactory which the installer proposes by default. This will avoid a lot of troubles. Also try upgrading to the latest version (0.76.1) which can be found here. Thanks.