Preview error

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
blastboy

Preview error

Post by blastboy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:51 pm

when i am compling a level it says it was a success then when i put previewon engine it say success the it say windows can not find 'C:\realityfactory.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try agian HELP!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Preview error

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:01 am

Please, install RealityFactory to C:\RealityFactory instead of C:\Program Files\RealityFactory which the installer proposes by default. This will avoid a lot of troubles. Please, also read the FAQ. Thanks.

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:37 pm

QuestOfDreams: I realise I am hijacking a post but I would like it if the fourm admin can keep this in the thread for newbies searching. I've been around long enough to know that to any regulars I would be considered a fly-by-nighter. That is fine.

Every attempt that I had made thus far to get to files hosted on filefront has been a failure. Perhaps the links were old links. Finally I get there and am fronted with a list of files, is there an index somewhere here as to what the files contain or do i just have to guess by name and download them?

The point being that access to those files earlier in my travels, and also to other information which is hard to find would have meant that I wouldn't be currently rebuilding my first level to make it more accurate.

**please leave this post so that other newbies might find it**
Just a noob with a genuine hobby interest looking for answers not found in docs.
Info on my purpose here can be found at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4831

blastboy

Post by blastboy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:25 pm

K.jpg
K.jpg (13.44 KiB) Viewed 4172 times

Quest of dreams i did that but still nothing

blastboy

Post by blastboy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:33 pm

kjh.jpg
(91.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet

heres a photo of my folder

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 am

Ofcourse man, RealityFactory searches an EXE file from Local Disk C, but you have a folder there, not an EXE file. Change your shortcut directory.

Gamemaker

Post by Gamemaker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 am

QuestOfDreams wrote:Please, install RealityFactory to C:\RealityFactory instead of C:\Program Files\RealityFactory which the installer proposes by default. This will avoid a lot of troubles. Please, also read the FAQ. Thanks.
I have two RealityFactory programs. The first one is fully on desktop and other one is on C:/ and I'm having no problems 8) .

blastboy

Post by blastboy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:17 pm

i am kind of a noob at this which shorcut directory are you talking about the one on level options? :?:

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Humpty wrote:QuestOfDreams: I realise I am hijacking a post but I would like it if the fourm admin can keep this in the thread for newbies searching. I've been around long enough to know that to any regulars I would be considered a fly-by-nighter. That is fine.

Every attempt that I had made thus far to get to files hosted on filefront has been a failure. Perhaps the links were old links. Finally I get there and am fronted with a list of files, is there an index somewhere here as to what the files contain or do i just have to guess by name and download them?

The point being that access to those files earlier in my travels, and also to other information which is hard to find would have meant that I wouldn't be currently rebuilding my first level to make it more accurate.

**please leave this post so that other newbies might find it**
Actually, the files on filefront were sorted by type until the owner of that site changed and removed any sorting features. Unfortunately, I haven't found an appropiate web hosting for the files yet.
Most of the files are actors, demos (mostly .exe files) and old releases.