Cannot Open Saved Levels!

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
bweinstein

Cannot Open Saved Levels!

Post by bweinstein » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:14 am

I am running the most current version of Reality Factory. Whenever I go to save my game, I just click file and then save it to my levels folder. The problem is that when I go open up RFEditPro, then I try to load my level I get the following message:

GEditPro checks for valid *.txl files when opening new worlds.
This *.3dt file's specified .txl file...
F:RealityFactory/media/levels/default.txl
does not exist at the specified path.
To avoid this message in the future, set the .*txl path for this *.3dt file
in the Project, Level Options dialogue box, then save the file. For now, please select a valid *.txl file or the application will exit.

I do not know if I am not saving my levels correctly or what is going on. I am a beginning user without any programming experience so the more specific your help is the better. Thanks!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Open Saved Levels!

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Install RF to C:\RealityFactory instead of C:\Program Files\RealityFactory

bweinstein

Post by bweinstein » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:51 pm

The folder is actually on my flash drive. It also does the same thing to me when I have the Reality Factory folder on my desktop. Does this matter?

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:44 pm

I would recommend putting it on your hard drive. I wouldn't really know though.

To fix this just go to the RealityFactory\Tools folder and open up RFEditPro.ini. (with notepad) Change the directories it searches for from: C:\SubFolder\SubFolder\ (and so on) to: C:\RealityFactory\SubFolder\SubFolder. If it says \.. than I don't think you need to worry about it. Than just click File->Save and close the file. Now run RFEditPro from the Start menu shortcut. I've heard that way works best.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

megatop

Post by megatop » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:32 pm

flash drives dont work properly. only for one computer. Also you can email it to your email