How do I save my level using RFEditPro??

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
bweinstein

How do I save my level using RFEditPro??

Post by bweinstein » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:44 am

I open up REEditPro to start working on a level and when I save it, it alway saves as a .3DT file. Is this the file type that it is supposed to be saving in? Or, should it be a .bsp file? If so, how would I save it that way? Thanks.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: How do I save my level using RFEditPro??

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Please, post in the correct forums. :!:
Read here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3342
Then read this topic
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=157
The editable level file is 3dt (a text file), the final compiled file is bsp (binary file).

megatop

Post by megatop » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:17 pm

just go to file saveas and name your level and your done. open it by going to file and open

bweinstein

Post by bweinstein » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks for your response. I read that post about how to save, but I have no idea how to compile into a .bsp file. Thanks.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:47 pm

To compile into a .bsp file, which game engines such as RF and Valves 'Hammer World Editor' (for use with portal 2/half life/ etc.) is the file that the engine inturperts as the game that users play, you must click the build level button next to the Recycle button and the Preview with Engine button.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.