Game fails to launch

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
nuclear_fusion_4

Game fails to launch

Post by nuclear_fusion_4 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:30 am

Whenever I run reality factory, the screen temporarily goes black and then kicks me back to the desktop. My system specs:
Processor: 1.8 Ghz Intel Pentium 4
Memory: 256 MB
Graphics card: 64 MB GeForce2 MX 400 w/TV Out (official nForce Beta Driver installed)
DirectX 9.0

Here's RealityFactory.log:

Code: Select all

Searching for fullscreen driver
geEngine_SetDriverAndMode failure
Genesis3D engine creation failure

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:16 am

try this:

go to c:\realityfactory\realityfactory.ini, and find the line

Driver=d3d

and change it to

Driver=opengl

then save the file and run realityfactory again. that changes the api it uses to render graphics from directx to opengl, and depending on your hardware that may be the problem. if not, feel free to post again and we can try something else.

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:50 am

Graphics card: 64 MB GeForce2 MX 400 w/TV Out (official nForce Beta Driver installed)
i have this same card, RF runs fine on DirectX, i would tend to shy away from the openGL driver as it's not finished it lacks some of the features that the directX one has...

try downloading new drivers from nvidia's website this might fix the problem..

if that doesn't work try this
lower the resolution in the realityfactory.ini(er i think it's this ini haven't touched RF for a bit) this may help as well, this video card gave me a few headaches for a bit as well, you just need to tinker around with the display settting till it works, a pain i know, seems related with a lower end vid cards, cos i chuck RF on my mates comp and it works straight up first time.

rf crash

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:09 am

i am having the same problem . im on intel 82810 graphics controller . if u get any solution mail me at

arpitbandi_8@yahoo.com