"Geditpro cannot find default *txl" what does this mean?

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
pnaginis

"Geditpro cannot find default *txl" what does this mean?

Post by pnaginis » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Ive recently got a new laptop and installed reality factory but the RF edit pro wont run. I keep getting the message "Geditpro cannot find default *txl" and then it trys to make my browse for a file. I have no idea what it wants me to do. does anyone know how to fix this?

realgaming135

Re: "Geditpro cannot find default *txl" what does this mean?

Post by realgaming135 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:50 pm

If you have installed RealityFactory to C:\Program Files\RealityFactory, it can cause some problems with finding some files. Everywhere where it stands as C:\RealityFactory, you can change it to C:\Program Files\RealityFactory. I had the same problem before, but then I installed it to C:\RealityFactory instead, and it worked. So you can also just do that.

My english is not always the best, but I hope you understand what I have written, and I hope it helped. :)
Without facts, a mystery is just a guessing game...

pnaginis

Post by pnaginis » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 am

thank you for the advice. I did what you said but it is still telling me it cant find "default.txl" is there anything else i can do?

realgaming135

Post by realgaming135 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 am

Try to Install it to C:\RealityFactory instead of C:\Program Files\RealityFActory. And don't start RFeditpro up by using the shortcut in the start menu. Open it directly from your Tools folder. I this does not help, I cannot help you.
Good luck :)
Without facts, a mystery is just a guessing game...

khurram

Post by khurram » Tue May 28, 2013 6:37 pm

hi, first of you all don't need to reinstall rf to the c:/drive,if you wan't to conferm the paths then follow these steps.

step#1 open a new file in reality factory.
step#2 Go to on top menu bar project>>level options,this opens level options dialogue box
step#3 under the "header directories" deleate the previous file path by clicking top right at the cross button.
and at the left of the "deleat"button click "new"button instantly appears a input bar inside the "header
directories" type for exp if you install rf at drive E then at input tab click on it's situated browse button
and go to your rf source file ,the path shall be appears like this E:\reality factory075a\source.
step#4 Go to next "Texture library" and underneath it click browse button needs a .txl file which would be at
your rf>>media>>levels folder ,so path would be look's like this,
E:\reality factory075\\media\levels\default.txl
step#5 Go to "Pawn .ini"file,click browse button and path would be
E:\reality factory075\\install\Pawn.ini
step#6 Go to lastly,"Actors directory" and path shall be this
E:\reality factory075\\media\Actors

so this is it ,set the grid snap to "8" click "ok" :)

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri May 31, 2013 11:37 pm

The reason for recommending a reinstallation of the program to C:\RealityFactory is that you may encounter other issues in addition to the default *txl problem, if you install RF in the Program Files directory. For example, in Windows Vista and above the user rights to change or create new files in the Program Files folder are restricted. This can cause troubles when saving/compiling levels or when RF is writing log files ...