HELP! log stops on character.ini!

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
shorter102

HELP! log stops on character.ini!

Post by shorter102 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 pm

I have installed RF on another pc (this one isn't mine). i installed it to C:\Reality Factory as i had problems with the program files thing. the problem is that when i run the demo, the Genesis3D splash shows up, and then the screen goes dark black, light black and RF crashes. when i press the windows button it shows the "Reality Factory has encountered a problem..." window. the log stops after a few lines at loading character.ini. i tried re-installing and it's the same thing. when i build a level (like a box room) it doesn't even show the splash screen, it just does the rest though... i used RF before and had a few problems with it like after a few weeks of normal running it started popping up with random errors, but i never had this before. when i set it to OpenGL the splash comes up upside down. :evil: :twisted: i am starting an indie game studio, and before we move on to UDK, we wanted to use a simple, yet powerful tool like RF... HELP!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: HELP! log stops on character.ini!

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri May 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Looks like:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4435
Did you install the 0.76.1 version?