How to add gold indicator for coins

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
aicd99

How to add gold indicator for coins

Post by aicd99 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:38 am

Hello everyone

I need help on getting the gold indicator for the coin attribute in my game project. I only need the colour to change just for the coins and no other types of attributes such as heath. That should remain green.

I made the file for the gold indicator already

This how it should look like only expect the green indicatior for the coins should be gold instead.

Thanks for your time.

Allanon

Re: How to add gold indicator for coins

Post by Allanon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 am

You will need to change the CHeadsUpDisplay class in the source code if you want a new indicator. Right now it only has an indicator for all non-npc actors and an indicator for all npc actors.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:52 am

Allanon wrote:You will need to change the CHeadsUpDisplay class in the source code if you want a new indicator. Right now it only has an indicator for all non-npc actors and an indicator for all npc actors.
What NPC mean ?
How do I change the source code and will there be a new reality factory release ?

What is the diference between NPC actors and non NPC actor ?

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 pm

What NPC mean ?
Non Player Character
How do I change the source code and will there be a new reality factory release ?
You will need Microsoft's Visual Studio C++ compiler and the knowledge of how to compile Reality Factory in order to change the source code. It's not something you should try if you don't know how to program. And I don't know if there is going to be a new release.
What is the difference between NPC actors and non NPC actor ?
NPC actors are computer controlled actors such as a hostile robot and non NPC actors are stuff like heath packs and gold coins.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:56 am

In the hud.ini file (found in the install folder) change npcindicator = hud\indicator_red.bmp to npcindicator = hud\indicator_gold.bmp. That should work.

[radar]
frame = hud\hud_radar.bmp
framealpha = hud\a_hud_radar.bmp
indicator = hud\indicator_green.bmp
indicatoralpha = hud\a_indicator.bmp
npcindicator = hud\indicator_red.bmp
npcindicatoralpha = hud\a_indicator.bmp
framex = -138
framey = 10
range = 3000

*edit* I just saw that you only want the coins gold. I imagine that would involve some programming. Sorry, thought I'd cracked that one for you.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:36 am

Hopefully that can be done a in new RF version

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:47 am

I am not a scripter, but I know some amazing things have been done with scripts. It's like programming without the source code. Their is a lot of documentation on it in the scripting folder.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!