rf physics

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
srv4u

rf physics

Post by srv4u » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:04 pm

where can I get the version of rf that has physics?

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:10 pm

right here:

viewtopic.php?t=19

note thatg it isnt an "official" release.

federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:18 pm

Physics development is currently in hold, because there is a bug in the Tokamak physics engine that causes some object falling through the floor, missing the proper collision. Nout has developped the RF Physics in a wonderful way but Rf has a structure and a speed that makes this error evident and really annoying. So he doesn't know if wai until the bug is solved by the Tokamak developpers (the Tokamak source isn't public) or switch to another physics engine, but Rf is too slow to handle Novodex or a modern physics engine.
I suggested him to make public an intermediate release with the latest features 'cause the first release, the only public and avaible, is quite buggy. The latest, excluding the "falling through the floor" bug, is simply fantastic. Nout is a genius... :wink:

Nout

Post by Nout » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:25 pm

Frederico, I just uploaded the latest version of RF.exe with physics and it included you great car demo. I think it's downloadable on this link http://realityfactory.altervista.org/download/index.php, but if not, can you in some way make it downloadable

To all:
Please note that this is an ALPHA release that still will include some bugs !.
This release is RF072 compliant and supports only part of the new features added to RF075 (but also some extra not ported to RF075).
In the ZIP, you will find the docs of the extensions made, including physics. I can not guarantee that the docs are still 100% up-to-date and using this RF version is fully at own risk

I also very strong advice to try out the great contributions made by Frederico. Please read the docs + note that a few script commands changed name / syntax over time. Please review the scripts if they use the latest syntax. A few script commands got a new syntax and will need small adaptations in the scripts

In slow motion, I'm trying to get ODE working with RF. Till now, I have something that more or less collides, but also with ODE, objects very easy fall through the floor. Not sure if this is a coding problem or not?
I'm also tring to add a spring-joint to RF+Tokamak

federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:03 pm

Now the latest RF with physics release is downloadable here:
http://realityfactory.altervista.org/download/

the archive is called RF073withPhysics7Jan2006.zip

When I will be home again, I'll check it! wow!
Have you seen the TrueAxis link that I send you some time ago?