RF problem "Help Me PLz!

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
Gran

RF problem "Help Me PLz!

Post by Gran »

My RF crashes after the Genesis3D logo, now i've tried the compability thing, also i did try opening d3d24.ini and setting FSAntialiasing = 0, i also changed Driver=d3d to Driver=opengl seems like nothing works. but it did work once yesterday.
i have a P4 1.6
1gig memory
64mb video memory
nvidia geForce4 MX 440
i have the latest video driver and directx

This is my RF log:

Initializing Game Shell...
--------------------------------------
--- Reality Factory 0.75 ---
--- For more Information, visit: ---
--- http://www.realityfactory.ca ---
--------------------------------------

Parsed RealityFactory.ini file

Genesis3D Initialized

VFS detected (not encrypted)...

Initializing Camera Manager...
Initializing User Input Subsystem...
Initializing Audio Manager Subsystem...
Initializing CD Audio Manager Subsystem...
Initializing Midi Audio Manager Subsystem...
Initializing RF Menu Manager Subsystem...
Initializing Network...
Loading Menu.ini...
Parsing Menu.ini...
Loading Character.ini...
Initializing Menu
Initializing Collision Manager Subsystem...
Initializing Network Manager Subsystem...
Initializing AVIFile Video Subsystem...
Launching Reality Factory Game Shell...

and this is my d3ddrv log:

=================================================================
D3DDrv v100.3
Build Date: Mar 10 2005, Time: 19:28:38
=================================================================

Current Time: 8: 1:29
Current Date: 2-24-2006

** D3D Driver Initializing **

--- D3DMain_CreateDDFromName ---
Name: Primary Display Driver
DDCAPS2_CANRENDERWINDOWED : YES
DDCAPS2_NO2DDURING3DSCENE : NO
DDCAPS2_FLIPNOVSYNC : YES
--- D3DMain_GetTextureMemory ---
Ram free: 63581184
--- D3DMain_RememberOldMode ---
--- D3DMain_EnumDisplayModes ---
--- D3DMain_CreateD3D ---
--- D3DMain_EnumDevices ---
--- D3DMain_SetDisplayMode ---
W: 800, H: 600, Bpp: 32, FullScreen: YES
--- D3DMain_PickDevice ---
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BUMPENVMAP : NO
D3DTEXOPCAPS_BUMPENVMAPLUMINANCE: NO
D3DTEXOPCAPS_DOTPRODUCT3 : YES
--- D3DMain_CreateBuffers ---
Back Buffer Count = 1
--- D3DMain_CreateZBuffer ---
EnumZBufferFormats: StencilBitDepth>=8... can do 8bit stencil buffer
ZBuffer Depth Available: 16-bit (YES), 24-bit (YES), 32-bit (NO),
ZBuffer Depth: 16, ZBuffer in Video: YES
--- D3DMain_CreateDevice ---
Vender ID = 4318
Device ID = 369
--- D3DMain_CreateViewPort ---
--- D3DMain_GetSurfaceFormats ---
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 16, A:0, R:7c00, G:3e0, B:1f / 16, U:7c00, V:3e0, L:1f / 4CC:0 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 16, A:8000, R:7c00, G:3e0, B:1f / 16, U:7c00, V:3e0, L:1f / 4CC:0 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 16, A:f000, R:f00, G:f0, B:f / 16, U:f00, V:f0, L:f / 4CC:0 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 16, A:0, R:f800, G:7e0, B:1f / 16, U:f800, V:7e0, L:1f / 4CC:0 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 32, A:0, R:ff0000, G:ff00, B:ff / 32, U:ff0000, V:ff00, L:ff / 4CC:0 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 32, A:ff000000, R:ff0000, G:ff00, B:ff / 32, U:ff0000, V:ff00, L:ff / 4CC:0 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 0, A:0, R:0, G:0, B:0 / 0, U:0, V:0, L:0 / 4CC:31545844 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 0, A:0, R:0, G:0, B:0 / 0, U:0, V:0, L:0 / 4CC:32545844 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 0, A:0, R:0, G:0, B:0 / 0, U:0, V:0, L:0 / 4CC:33545844 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 0, A:0, R:0, G:0, B:0 / 0, U:0, V:0, L:0 / 4CC:34545844 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 0, A:0, R:0, G:0, B:0 / 0, U:0, V:0, L:0 / 4CC:35545844 Texture Support Found
EnumTextureFormatsCallback: 8, A:0, R:0, G:0, B:0 / 8, U:0, V:0, L:0 / 4CC:0 Texture Support Found
EnumSurfaceFormatsCallback: 32, A:0, R:8, G:ffffff00, B:ff Texture Support Found
EnumSurfaceFormatsCallback: 32, A:0, R:8, G:ffffff00, B:ff Texture Support Found
EnumSurfaceFormatsCallback: 32, A:0, R:ff0000, G:ff00, B:ff Texture Support Found
EnumSurfaceFormatsCallback: 32, A:0, R:ff0000, G:ff00, B:ff Texture Support Found
D3DMain_GetSurfaceFormats: Unable to find a 888 (24-bit) texture support.
D3DMain_GetSurfaceFormats: Unable to find 88 (16-bit) bump map support.
D3DMain_GetSurfaceFormats: Unable to find 556 (16-bit) bump map support.
D3DMain_GetSurfaceFormats: Unable to find 888 (24-bit) bump map support.
--- D3DMain_SetRenderState ---
--- D3DMain_GetTextureMemory ---
Ram free: 59875328

** Initialization was successful **

THandle_CheckCache: Resetting texture cache...
NO 3dfx card detected, using larger number of handles...
"Gran The One And Only"
Gran

Post by Gran »

this is really some help 19 views, no reply! :roll:
"Gran The One And Only"
Xenogaska

Post by Xenogaska »

hmm thats weird, try re-downloading and installing, I know its not the graphics card cause i have the same one. (oh and wait a few days before you expect to get a reply)
SithMaster

Post by SithMaster »

no offense but try a more specfic topic title than help me plz.

i really have no idea how to solve this or what the problem is though if it hasnt been answered in another topic in the setup post install support. i think i had the same problem a while back and it turned out i just needed a corrupted file to be replaced. so yeah id try the redownloading idea. and good luck.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Gran

Post by Gran »

i redownloaded 3 times and installed it 3 times and same problem.
"Gran The One And Only"
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

I had the problem of RF crashing after the Genesis 3D logo. I was installing the old RF72 and then the upgrade patch to 075. I couldnt get it to work. So I downloaded the latest full verison of RF .075. After I uninstalled the old one that was patched I installed clean(meaning I deleted the entire RF folder after the uninstall wizard ran) and it works fine for me.

You say it worked once but now it doesnt. You move anything in the RF folders? Any actors or .ini files mispalced? If it was an actor, an error would pop up letting you know what actor wasnt found. Was it a clean install all three times? Or did you have the installer overwrite the old files. Because if it is that, the installer might have left some old files untounched that could not be needed in the new version but becaue they are there they are still being referanced by RF. WE NEED SPECIFICS OF THE EVENTS THAT LEAD TO CRASH AND WHAT CHANGED FROM THE ONE TIME IT WORKED. AS YOU CAN TELL BY MY POST THERE IS A NUMBER OF THINGS THAT CAN GO WRONG.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
Gran

Post by Gran »

ok maybe i can make this clear now. when i first installed it that it work, i was playing the demo that came with it till i got to the 2 guards that kept detecting me. so i shut it down and then later on when i got some tutorial to get me going and start making my 1st game, i started the RF and crashed after the Genesis3D logo and eversince been doing that. i did not save, move or edited anything to cause this problem. and yes all the install was fresh install meaning uninstalling and removing the remaining files. Also i dont think its the video card cuz it was running so smooth.
"Gran The One And Only"
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

I need to correct myself, the old rf was the 072 that was patched to 072a. Then I tried to install the new pacth over it. It doesnt work.

Anyway, your problems seem to be very unusal. I have never heard of such a thing. Try this for starters. Click the rfConfig program and have it update all the 3dt files. that might help? I dont know what they are but they might need updating.(Updating as in making sure the files are located in its code as they are are your drive. Not an internet update.)
Second of all I think I just found your problem. While posting this I just booted up RF. The screen resolution is defaulted at 1024x786 or whatever that is. Your video card might not be able to run RF in this mode. In older versions of RF there was a video display choosing program. It allowed you to choose between all sorts of modes. Windowed 800x600, 640x480, direct 3D render, open gl render, etc. Hey all dev team members or smart RF users, could this be his problem? I think thats what happened when I tried to run rf in too high of a resoution. The G3D would load but RF would crash. Is this possible, does the initialization of RF change the resolution or is it G3D at start up?
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
Gran

Post by Gran »

done and no luck
"Gran The One And Only"
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

Are you trying to launch RF from the editor or by clicking on the exe? Are you trying to run the demo or your own level? (try the demo first) Where exactly does RF crash? After the Genesis3D logo? When you click New Game in the menu? Is any error message popping up when it crashes?
You may also try running in window mode (in RealityFactory.ini set FullScreen=false) or using the old D3D driver (setting Driver=d3d16 in RealityFactory.ini).
Xenogaska

Post by Xenogaska »

hmm honestly I used to have the exact same problem...after awhile i noticed what I did wrong that kept screwing it up (after alot of clean installs) but I don't remember exactly what I did...72 worked for me though but yeah its been awhile since i've used Reality Factory, I'll try to figure it out (probably has to do wiht our graphics card)
Gran

Post by Gran »

QuestOfDreams wrote:Are you trying to launch RF from the editor or by clicking on the exe? Are you trying to run the demo or your own level? (try the demo first) Where exactly does RF crash? After the Genesis3D logo? When you click New Game in the menu? Is any error message popping up when it crashes?
You may also try running in window mode (in RealityFactory.ini set FullScreen=false) or using the old D3D driver (setting Driver=d3d16 in RealityFactory.ini).

OK im gonna make myself clear again.

1. Im trying to launch by clicking the .exe
2. Yes im trying to run the demo again just to see more about RF b4 i start making a game.
3. RF crashes after the Genesis3D logo on the black screen.
4. I tried in on window mode and also on driver=ded16 and still no luck
Attachments
RF error.JPG
this is the error after Genesis3D logo
(34.68 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
"Gran The One And Only"
animatrix

Post by animatrix »

Hey Gran, you dont have to be abusive. From what I was reading you are getting some help with your problem, I read the locked thread also, People here are not your employees, they are however willing to help, if they know the answer. Have you tried disabling acceleration on your graphics card? and testing a very very simple level? Maybe no one knows the answer yet. :?
Gran

Post by Gran »

That didnt work, all i got is a quick black screen and the back to desktop
"Gran The One And Only"
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Hey if Gran posts the error report that you can veiw before you "send"(I dont send them) it to microsoft, would you be able to tell whats going wrong? Or would that be too many lines of code to sift through for this problem?
Think outside the box.