rfEditPro doesn't compile bsps for me

Post here if you have problems getting Reality Factory running on your machine. Please make sure you have the latest DirectX installed as well as updated drivers for your video & sound card before posting...
Anteater

rfEditPro doesn't compile bsps for me

Post by Anteater » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:39 pm

Hi. This is my first post. I'm new to RF. I find it very easy so far and it fits my needs perfectly. However, I've run into a problem. When I make a map with RFEditPro, I can save it, but I can't compile it. I get this error:
** BSP Compile Version: 15
** Build Date/Time: Jan 31 2005,06:32:56
--- Load Brush File ---
Num Solid Brushes : 6
Num Cut Brushes : 0
Num Hollow Cut Brushes : 0
Num Detail Brushes : 0
Num Total Brushes : 6
--- Remove Hidden Leafs ---
PlaceEntities: No valid entities for operation 74.
Failed to remove hidden leafs.
Compile Failed: GBSP_CreateBSP encountered an error, GBSPLib.Dll.
What am I doing wrong?

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:37 am

you need to add a playersetup and a playerstart.

welcome to the forums! :D

Anteater

Post by Anteater » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:39 pm

Thanks. by the way, I have two questions about distribution of games made with RF. My first question is, isn't the .bsp format only ok to use for noncommercial stuff unless you pay I.D. Software or something? My second question is, is it ok to use some of the stuff from the template game, like the menu button graphics, in the final version of a game made with RF?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:28 pm

My first question is, isn't the .bsp format only ok to use for noncommercial stuff unless you pay I.D. Software or something?
The .bsp file format RF is using is the one of the Genesis3D engine (RF's rendering engine). You don't have to pay any license fees for it. The only thing you would have to pay for is if you want to remove the Genesis3D logo from your game.
My second question is, is it ok to use some of the stuff from the template game, like the menu button graphics, in the final version of a game made with RF?
Yes, as far as I know, everything contained in the current distribution of RF is free for commercial and non-commercial use.

Anteater

Post by Anteater » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:02 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really beginning to like RF. It's like Game Maker but it's free and can make something decent. :D