Al Bundy

[OBSOLETE] Level Name in Loading mensage

Post by Al Bundy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:14 pm

Is possible insert in Loading Screen:

Level Name

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:20 pm

I think this can be done through scripting. Not 100% sure though. People are not going to write your code for you. Check out the documentation and try to figure it out. Anyone will be glad to help you if you've done that.

jonas

Post by jonas » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:31 pm

For the first level you set the loadscreen=loading.bmp in the menu.ini to your loading screen.

For levels after that you can set it with the changelevel entity under szSplash.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:39 am

paradoxnj wrote:I think this can be done through scripting. Not 100% sure though. People are not going to write your code for you. Check out the documentation and try to figure it out. Anyone will be glad to help you if you've done that.
Sorry, but I found that it would be interesting if somebody obtained to add this option in the RFEdit Pro.
jonas wrote:For the first level you set the loadscreen=loading.bmp in the menu.ini to your loading screen.

For levels after that you can set it with the changelevel entity under szSplash.
Thanks, but what is "szSplash", sorry my English and I am an beginning in RF. "szSplash" is script or is in RFEdit Pro ???

jonas

Post by jonas » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:59 am

That's for rfeditpro. When you add the changelevel entity to the level, it is a value you set.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:56 am

Here is a link to the online help file for the changlevel entity:

http://dhost.info/realityfactory/online ... eLevel.htm

Doing a changelevel at first can be confusing, but once you get one working, you'll sit back and say, "Wow! That was easy!" :D
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!