particle lighting

Post your Feature Requests here...
Spyrewolf

particle lighting

Post by Spyrewolf » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:27 am

would it be possible to have an option to match lighting?

i know this is not always the case,

i've been playing around with spouts and Actspouts,

i think dust and debris look much more convincing if they are lit correctly,

here's the post i put up earlier about half way down my game thread i metioned this the picture of the cloud i put up matches the colour of the lights in the levels as acts are lit accordingly

http://realityfactory.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1459

the other draw back i discoverd is that when you closer to the act spout i tried, is that they look flat as the particles don't match the rotation of the player camera, as do in the ordinary spout entity,

so again i pose this to the developers would it be possible to add an option to match the lighting of lights to the particle.

GD1

Post by GD1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:15 pm

Look at the foliage entity. I don't know if this got followed through on, but i remember Pickles and Gekido talking about making the particles that it uses match the lighting from the ground below, the same way the player picks up lighting from the environment. I kinda remember doing this and it seemed to work OK, but it's been a LONG time.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:18 pm

these need to be moving particles like smoke and dust, the act spout does this well but the illusion is lost when you get to close to them, plus the alpha's are messed up, :)