Editor Panel Scrollbars

Post your Feature Requests here...
gekido

Editor Panel Scrollbars

Post by gekido » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:52 am

Just something that I noticed last week - we were teaching a summer camp called 'Introduction to Game Design' for 12-16 year olds out in Delta, BC (outside Vancouver) and the schools' machines were defaulted to 800x600.

At this resolution, there are a number of things in RF Edit Pro - both the left and right panels (the Properties Panel and the Tab panel with templates, models etc) are not fully visible - for the templates tab for example, the 'add to world' button and the 'edit sky' buttons were off screen, especially if you have compiled a level and the bottom console window is open.

On the properties panel, many entities have properties that were not accessible due to the panel stretching off the bottom of the screen, and there were no scrollbars to get down to the off-screen options.

For the properties panel this is probably a much simpler fix than the templates & other tab menus (since it would have to be added to each tab), but just something to 'add to the list' for the editor if anyone is working on them.

Particularly in school environments, RF users may not have the option to adjust their monitor resolutions, and it looks like there may be more and more schools bringing RF into their programs.

GDGi are talking to the Delta school board about a more serious followup to the summer camp, as a 2 day a week after school program for students for extra credit, that type of thing, and quite a few other schoolboards are interested in adding something similar - for both junior and senior high level students...

Anyways, just thought i'd mention it.

Gamespider

Post by Gamespider » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:59 am

Yeah, thats a problem indeed. Happenes to me whe I was using 800x600. Its okay when u run it on 1024x768.

Nout

Post by Nout » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:06 pm

For users limited to a screen of 640*800, a work around can be found by closing the console window at the bottom. Not the best, but usable...