Define Mouse Pointer + Always render an Actor

Post your Feature Requests here...
federico
RF Dev Team

Define Mouse Pointer + Always render an Actor

Post by federico » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:11 pm

This is a feature request, but I'm not pretending to have a build with this. I'm asking developpers to help me figure out how to solve some issues.

1) How to define (or override the definition of) a different mouse pointer. I don't mean the menu pointer. I mean the system pointer that is visible in game if the ShowMouse command is set to true.

2) How to force the engine to render an actor also if the origin isn't visible anymore? I've tried some hack but they all failed.
this is useful for ingame cutscene. For example: if you design a complex animation in milkshape to have a cinematic action, making you character walk around performing and several actions, all in one MOT animation, then probably - if you pawn move away from origin axis your camera could lose the origin of the pawn entity and turn off the rendering for that entity. I want to avoid this. Another exaple is a close camera look to the head of a character. If the orgin is out of the FOV the pawn render is turned off.

I hope to have some help. Thanks.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:30 pm

1. Use a bitmap for the mouse pointer. Have it be a value in an INI file.

2. There is a flag in the engine. GE_ACTOR_RENDER_ALWAYS. You just have to expose a script function or place in the player.ini or some other ini file somewhere.