Any chance of ragdoll physics?

Post your Feature Requests here...
Destron

Any chance of ragdoll physics?

Post by Destron » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:05 pm

Hey, one thing (apart from art) that I've really noticed about games nowadays is physics. Especially in games like Doom 3 and Half-Life 2, just about every movable object in the game world (bodies included :D) conform to a set of ragdoll physics.
In the case of character deaths, there is no dying animation, as has been the case in games past; instead the game engine simulates how the body should fall and how it would conform to the terrain/floor beneath it.

So is there any chance of seeing something like this in RF/RF2, or is it too hard to program?

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:25 pm

well there was a physics release a while ago, but i it was useless in the end because it wasn't stable enough (crashed on random from what i heard). It CAN be programmed, federico once even made it possible by script (very slow of course because interpreted at runtime), but it is NOT easy to program.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

wackedoutbiker

Post by wackedoutbiker » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:09 pm

It was on the to-do list some time ago, but don't count on it. I'm not sure if the bugs are being worked out but I wouldn't hold my breath on it either.
More atrocities are committed in the name of that which is holy and righteous than that which is wicked and evil