More available

Post your Feature Requests here...
Agentarrow

More available

Post by Agentarrow » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:42 pm

I think Reality Factory should have more available weapons to choose from, Also, it should come with more enemies to choose from when you create a pawn. these would be great to add since some of us can't have a program to create enemies, textures, or weapons.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:22 pm

And what would we do? I think guys are working hard enough by creating RF/RF2, btw thare are lots of free programs our there
Lithuanians for Georgia!

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Yeah, you can model with Gmax (http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax) and paint textures with Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/). Both are completely free programs and compatible with RF. There are also loads of free models in the internet waiting for you to find them.

Besides, games with content created by others, especially in a case like this, tend to be quite unoriginal. It's not really that cool to see a model in a game and realize that you've seen the exact same model in three other games, as well.

Welcome to the forums, btw. :)
Pain is only psychological.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:40 pm

If you dont know how to program or model like 75% of us game developers on this forums, learn how to, we all had to some time. (im just now starting to learn how to script though i have been modeling for almost 4 years) :lol:
Those who have all the answers, are never up to date on the questions.

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:09 pm

since some of us can't have a program to create enemies, textures, or weapons.
Umm, are we talking about the "mythical make my game form me button again"
that feature has been sort after for years, unfortunately most of us have sit down and create games manually.

basically dude, if you do any of the above(textures, modelling, levels) your really not gonna have any fun making games.

if it resourse your after there are plenty of sites out there offering free things for games. RF has some free models for you to use but it's the bare minimum so you can have a play, if your after more, download and convert, we can't hold you hand all the way.

Agentarrow

thanks

Post by Agentarrow » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:54 pm

thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I can't give any of your ideas a try for another 3 or 4 weeks since I'm out of the country and anything I download on this connection will come up in Ukrainian rather than english.

P.S. It was just for a test game that I wouldn't publish, and I noticed that the original Genesis3D 1.0 had almost 100 textures and I couldn't export them into RFEditpro.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...