Dual Weapons

Post your Feature Requests here...
ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:40 am

Rotating with the camera doesn't cut it. They have to move to stay properly positioned in front of the camera. Example...

> = camera > = gun (doesn't matter which way you look at it.)

So you have a >-->(gun in view)
Camera rotates 90 degrees down v--v(gun is pointing same direction as camera but cannot be seen in the camera's view).

Test it on a piece of paper with various angles and you will get the problem. Basically the arm/gun has to not only rotate but also move to stay positioned in front of the camera.
Which is the problem not the rotation.

Also I know of no way to attach a bone to the camera. In reality you matching the gun/arm's rotation in relation to the players pawn.

Maybe I dunno is there a way to attach a pawn to a weapon bone in 1st person? For example if you gave a arm as the weapon with all the animations as IF it were holding the weapon. Then attach the weapon itself as a pawn the the firebone01 in the hand.

Anyway...WHERES PICKLES WHEN YOU NEED HIM! lol ;)

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:32 am

My current status on the Duel Guns Scripted Player:
Currently working on modeling the player to fit the many rotational needs.(Yes I still am unfortunantly, I hoped to be furthur along by now.) Still alot of work ahead, I will have to make at least 2 different guns to test everything when all said and done. Also, I need to have animations for the player and guns.

This is my plan of action to get the rotating arms/head/camera to work right:

The arms and head are seperate objects from the legs and torso.
The arms are then a scripted object and the head is the player.
The head is then simply rotated up and down to use the shoot up/down blend animation.
Now, using the RF's ability to blend the shoot up and shoot down animations for the player, I will attach the camera to the players head. Then, I will have the arms rotate with the head using scripting. This enables the head arms and camera to be in the right spot and rotate properly.

Now, how do you get the camera to rotate with an object is I guess my true question. Does that make sense? And are there any flaws I cant see?
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.