a headset support for in a game

Post your Feature Requests here...
ivo glasius

a headset support for in a game

Post by ivo glasius » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:38 pm

i wil like a headset support for in a game 8)
that you can talk with your headset wile you are playing the game on a multiplayer mode

Jay
RF Dev Team

Re: a headset support for in a game

Post by Jay » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:08 am

I don't see any point in that. Players could just use TS and everything would be ok.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

Destron

Post by Destron » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Besides, Multiplayer is broken in the current RF release, so it wouldn't really help right now.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Jay wrote:I don't see any point in that. Players could just use TS and everything would be ok.
TS? I am not sure what that abbreviation means. Also, I think that in game voice chat would be something to keep in mind when RF gets multiplayer working. It is easier for games to coordinate voice chat than to have the gamers themselves to use other services to achieve the same thing. I know I am lazy enough not to use voice chat if it is not built into a game :P. Honestly, I think this should also be posted in the RF2 wishlist with its multiplayer.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:04 am

MakerOfGames wrote:
Jay wrote:I don't see any point in that. Players could just use TS and everything would be ok.
TS? I am not sure what that abbreviation means. Also, I think that in game voice chat would be something to keep in mind when RF gets multiplayer working. It is easier for games to coordinate voice chat than to have the gamers themselves to use other services to achieve the same thing. I know I am lazy enough not to use voice chat if it is not built into a game :P. Honestly, I think this should also be posted in the RF2 wishlist with its multiplayer.
TS = text speak
Herp derp.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:10 am

Ah, I thought TS meant something like xfire(http://www.xfire.com), where it offers voice chat in any game. Text Speech is a good thing to have, but this eliminates all tactics in FPS games as typing takes too long. And like I said before, this should go under the RF2 wishlist as to implement it in this RF would be a little out of place with RF's low power and incomplete multiplayer while RF2 going to take the stage in the future.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:11 am

Thought TS = Team Speak

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:43 am

lol TS=TextSpeech.. I meant TS=TeamSpeak. In WoW they are using it for years and it works.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

Matte

Post by Matte » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:03 am

In the Source games, there is voice support, that is really easy, but the problem are mic spammers...

The perfect thing would be these commands like "U 3 3" for "Medic!" and stuff, and then use teamspeak.