3d actor in a 2d environment

Post your Feature Requests here...
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:12 am

Background_test

- install RealityFactory072A then overwrite the files.( change your video settings if needed)

- Is an horrible, terrible, disgusting simple level non textured with cinematic style cameras. Took some screens and then I applied some random photoshop effect. It works only with 800x600 resolution although the images are 1024x768 (It should be done for this resolution then i changed my mind)
It can be done, but the result isn't so good. No layering is possible and correctly place the flipbooks is quite difficult. I placed some comment in the images. My idea is always the original: to use this method with results there must be some simple 2d layer ("flat" screen, no 3d) for the images and the 3d layer with some command to decide the priority for every istance (3d or 2d). In this way it will be possible to create more 2d layer with different priorities respect to the 3d (in a simpler way: some background objects willl be behind and others in front of the 3d character).

New questions arise: how to exoprt a 3d level with the camera informations? (to correctly create a render in 3d studio max, for example?)... yes, this is another story...

Download:
http://realityfactory.altervista.org/do ... d_test.rar

3dt included...
Attachments
screen000.jpg
screen000.jpg (13.09 KiB) Viewed 415 times
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg (14.28 KiB) Viewed 415 times

Nout

Post by Nout » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:54 pm

Downloaded the level and will check if this makes things clear

I've looked into genesis and recognize that sprites are supported (a 2d placed in 3d), but that RF (at least currently) is not supporting this
Will a sprite do the job?