NVidia PhysX

Post your Feature Requests here...
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

NVidia PhysX

Post by paradoxnj » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:55 pm

I was reading up on the license for NVidia PhysX. It seems that it is very flexible for non-commercial games. For commercial games, you just have to purchase a license and submit 2 copies of your game to NVidia for review for advertising. As long as your game is free, you may redistribute the libraries as long as they are packaged with the game. It is entirely possible that I am reading this wrong. Have a look yourselves and see how you interpret it. If it is in fact what I interpreted, I would like to request that PhysX be used for physics instead of that generic interface. PhysX has pretty much become industry standard for physics now. If someone has the PhysX card, it will greatly increase the framerate of the game as the physics can be separated from the CPU.

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/Ph ... 20EULA.pdf

[EDIT]It seems it's completly free unless you want the source which is $50K.[/EDIT]
What Does It Cost?
The NVIDIA PhysX SDK (binary) is 100% free and available right now for download by developers. In addition to the free software offering, NVIDIA offers a support plan and a paid license program which enables developers to modify the SDK to suit their needs.

The binary version of the PC SDK is offered at no charge as outlined below. Source code (for integration purposes) is available for a fee as provided below:
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....