Armour Mesh and Terrain actor LOD distance

Post your Feature Requests here...
Veleran

Armour Mesh and Terrain actor LOD distance

Post by Veleran » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:11 pm

1-The static entity and staticmesh need different lod distances than the general lod distances of the environmentsettup.

Tall terrain components like tall rocks,and tall trees,need higher lod distances than the small plant actors.

The bushes need to reach the LOD4 distance and to be sprites at a short distance,so to gain framerate and keep lot of vegetation.

And the big staticmesh terrain tiles also should use custom LOD distances.
So these entities should have their own LOD distance entries.

2-The LOD4 sprites need a value for brightness,because sometimes they look too bright or too dark.

3-Armour mesh attachment instead of using the actmaterial change for displaying the player armour.
This mesh to be displayed on the player as long as you use each armour suit.

I mean a mesh of armour that fits a player,uses the same skeleton with him,
and is animated by the base actor skeleton -the player.-Exactly like it's done with LOD actors.
Maybe an entry in the armour.ini for armour actor file and

For the first two requests im not hurring for a reply.

As for the armour mesh i would like to ask Quest if it could be possible soon,because im building a player and wanted to know if i must make him showing wearing armour.

By the way-attaching attributes as armour does not work for armour-at least not to me.
i already tried it to the player and the attributes dont have the correct their according the player movement and rotation.