Default light direction

Post your Feature Requests here...
Veleran

Default light direction

Post by Veleran » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Just wanted the default light angle to change from the default sideway direction (looks too dark now)
and turn a little to look like the light comes from south west and above.Like 45 degree angle -look at the pic.

Who ever uses normal mapping to so to have more detail while using lower poly actors and less polycount would have better looking dot3 actors and without having to add dynamic lights-which is costly and limited to 8 dynamic lights i think.

Dont know how hard it is to locate code sections for this and do it,and might look like a small luxury.

I wanted to use it to big normal mapped actors like whole dungeon sections that are exported with their mesh floating high above the 0 0 0 coordinates like +800 units above ground level so they wont be affected byt the dynamic spotlight of radius 600 i have attached to the player.

Anyway,big actors that i walk up to would have the default light until that light comes in range of the player's light and the light direction will change very suddenly then unless they have a steady light direction-from the player light or the default that will remain unaffected because the root bone is far from any dynamic light.
Attachments
Defaultlight-request.jpg
Defaultlight-request.jpg (5.74 KiB) Viewed 3365 times