Magic and RPG stats

Post your Feature Requests here...
Yorae

Magic and RPG stats

Post by Yorae » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:52 am

I understand that you might be able to implement magic and stats through the Ini files and scripts, however, it would be nice if there were an entity or level editor option or character creator option to add spells and animations for magic attacks, rather than just for weapons. Then you could implement the accquisition of these skills at specific levels, when creating action rpgs. Also I think a nice, simple way of changing all character stats, choosing which stats appear and an easy way to implement these extra options and information into the game menu (which by default only consists of inventory). So, essentially make the engine more action-rpg friendly :P I realise most of these things are doable in the ini files and with scripting, but I am talking about making these things easier to do. Maybe something in the level editor for example allowing the full customisation of the in-game menu, or an in-game menu editor as a seperate program (like the texture compiler) which can be added to the game at a later date once built.