Full support for Blender

Post your Feature Requests here...
Robin

Full support for Blender

Post by Robin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:26 pm

Many people (included me) use Blender. So maybe you could have support for it so I just can import .blend files till RF, instead of do the model and convert it in Gmax and texture and animate it again. Support for keeping textures and animation would be nice too but that may be harder.

Robin

Post by Robin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:36 pm

Thank you for all the replies, peeps. Great that you reply so quick.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:21 pm

Are you being sarcastic, or reffering to other posts?

If you are being sarcastic, it's rather unrealistic to expect to get exactly what you want every time. RF is already the easiest to use open source game creation suite in the universe, and I don't see how you can justify a comment like that.

You want a reply? There you are. Don't think I do not want to see Blender support; quite the opposite. I simply don't believe there is any need to be sarcastic when you don't get a reply.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:43 pm

blender support is somewhere on my list but it currently doesn't have a very high priority...

Robin

Post by Robin » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:59 am

I were sarcastic. Why ain't blender high-priority? If you look at the memberslist of elysiun (which is one of the most popular blender forums) it has 15699 members and IMHO that is pretty much. We can take a look at the official blender forum too. 12063 pretty much people there too. I am pretty sure that if there were full support for Blender there would be many more RF game makers.

Master

Post by Master » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:18 am

I am pretty sure that if there were full support for Blender there would be many more RF game makers.
Hmmm...I doubt it.

CowboyUp

Post by CowboyUp » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:12 am

Not knocking blender or RF but...

I would love to see better blender support- blender is a very fun program and is much easier than 3DS or Gmax or any of the other powerful tools.

But, in general, what is going to be more benificial in the long run? Using a profesional calibre, high quality program like Gmax or using a free program that is designed to be easy and fun? Remember, game design is a job and a business. When was work supposed to be easy or fun?

I love blender for making animations and 3D scenes, but its use is VERY different than the more traditional Spline programs like Milkshape or the 3DS/Gmax type modelers, and if you want to seriously get into game design as a modeler, than I think it would be better in the long run to be good with 3DS or GMAX (both of which I am terrible at :oops: )

Microman171

Post by Microman171 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:38 am

If your job isn't fun then you should leave that job and find one that is fun. I used to use blender then made the leap forwards to Gmax which is better for modeling but not for SFX. I think that there should be blender althoug that would be for SFX like I said.
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Help this bunny in his world domination by putting him in your sig.

Robin

Post by Robin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:17 am

Acctually Blender is almost as good as other 3D packages. Blender is opensource so if there is some feuture rhat is missing just write it on the Blender forum. So Blender gonna develop faster than closed source program like Maya and Max. And maybe you don't have $1,999.00 to spend on Maya. Maybe you just want to do games at home for fun. Acctualy many proffesionals work with Blender look here and here. Blender is said to be faster, easier and (soon) better 3D program than some closed source.

Alek

Post by Alek » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:37 pm

I agree with Robin. Blender, once learnt, is faster and more intuitive than any other 3d modelling package out there - in my opinion at least. I tried GMax, but was put down by its interface quickly... I think that - while not necessary - support for Blender would be a nice addition.

Xenogaska

Post by Xenogaska » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:23 am

Hey guys I figure somebody who is really good at this kind of stuff should allow Blender to be supported, really in my opinion it is definetly the best free modeler out there (hard to use at first but easy after awhile)

Robin

Post by Robin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Xenogaska wrote:Hey guys I figure somebody who is really good at this kind of stuff should allow Blender to be supported, really in my opinion it is definetly the best free modeler out there (hard to use at first but easy after awhile)
I think I am pretty good at making stuff with Blender and Blender have it's own unique interface so it's probably pretty hard to learn Maya and Max and again I have no fortune to spend on such programs.

jonas

Post by jonas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:28 pm

If I remember right, the blender file format is kinda made up like anim8or's. Does the act. format have any doc's describing it?
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Robin

Post by Robin » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:03 pm

Thanks. I gotta learn RF.

Robin

Kamazy

Post by Kamazy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:47 pm

I you want you'r blender models in RF why not just export it to somekind of format that free (RF supported) programs like Gmax can read and then just export them from there.
This way you can get you'r Blender models into RF.

There is no such thing as not being able to convert any format into any other format.