License

Frequently Asked Questions about Reality Factory and their answers...
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

License

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:54 am

Q. Can I make a commercial games with it and sell them? Is it royalty free no fees?
A. Genesis3D License - Yes, as long as you display the Genesis3D logo and release any changes to the source, otherwise you have to contact David Stafford and pay a license fee.

Reality Factory license

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files ("Reality Factory"), to deal in Reality Factory without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of Reality Factory, and to permit persons to whom Reality Factory is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of Reality Factory. It's also prohibited to use Reality Factory for games that intentionally propagate genocide against a certain group, race, nation or religion existing in today's real world.

REALITY FACTORY IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH REALITY FACTORY OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN REALITY FACTORY.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:58 am

Q. I was wondering if i could make new Genesis 3D splash screens because the old ones are getting rather... old.
A. You can't modify the screen that says 'Genesis3d', but everything else may be modified.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:00 am

Q. Is it legal to use textures or models from other games for your own games, which will be distributed on the world wide web?
A. No, you can't use resources from other games. Once in a while someone will give away resources without any restrictions, you'll see them in everybody's demos then. Most of the time they say, "Give me credit in your credits"...