how to do a frozen death effect man

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
aicd99

how to do a frozen death effect man

Post by aicd99 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Hey there

can anyone help me make a death effect where if the player falls down in very cold water. The player gets turns blue and dies.

Will be grateful if you did helped me out

Also how to add a black light

Grok

Re: how to do a frozen death effect man

Post by Grok » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:19 pm

aicd99 wrote:Hey there
...Also how to add a black light
With a 'DSpotLight' entity you have a property called 'Shadow'. If you set that to 'True' the entity will emit darkness instead of light. That might be what you are looking for?
aicd99 wrote: can anyone help me make a death effect where if the player falls down in very cold water. The player gets turns blue and dies.
Sorry. I have no idea on how to do that in-game.
Should I do something like that I would probably make a video.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:46 am

The ActMaterial entity changes the material on an actor or an entity that uses an actor. You could set a trigger for when a character falls in the water to change the material on the actor as you play the death animation. Look at your docs for how to use the entity.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Grok

Post by Grok » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 pm

aicd99 wrote:Hey there
The player gets turns blue and dies.

One way to turn the character blue could be to use the command 'SetEntityLighting' in a lowlevel order in a pawn script

SetEntityLighting(string EntityName, float FillColorR, float FillColorG, float FillColorB, float AmbientColorR, float AmbientColorG, float AmbientColorB, bool AmbientLightFromFloor);

Setting AmbientColorB to a high number while setting AmbientColorR and AmbientColorG to a low number. A gradual change could be done by gradually changing the values.