white plane infront of me

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Jay
RF Dev Team

white plane infront of me

Post by Jay »

how do i get rid of that? I really have no clue what it is and why it appeared but it's always in front of me and covers parts of the skybox... :(
Attachments
RealityFactory 2006-06-18 18-33-36-82.JPG
???
(43.18 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Could it be distance fog? The fog that is suposed to slowly fade the background away so that the whole level isn't rendered at once. Maybe that is turned on but the fade distance is zero making a solid white sheet in your vision(I have never worked with it so its a stab in the dark) Or is this a white sheet only in one section of the level? When did it first appear?
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

Offtopic: Is your sky a cube?
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

MakerOfGames wrote:Could it be distance fog? The fog that is suposed to slowly fade the background away so that the whole level isn't rendered at once. Maybe that is turned on but the fade distance is zero making a solid white sheet in your vision(I have never worked with it so its a stab in the dark) Or is this a white sheet only in one section of the level? When did it first appear?
Well it could be the case that it's because i added a skybox, but that would be wierd. It's not just in one area but can happen everywhere It's definitely not the null-fade-thingie because i have a fogstart at 3800 and a totalfog at 4000...

I don't know. It's the first time for me that i got this, too. Maybe it's some sort of bug i didn't know...
Itforce wrote: Offtopic: Is your sky a cube?
It's a skybox. (That's a hollow cube where all 'faces' have the 'sky'-atribute. The textures of the sky are set with the sky-register)
-----
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

Maybe it's the far-clip plane? :? You may post your level so we can have a look at it...
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

It's your far clip plane, shorter than your sky box, adjust it in
EnvironmentSetup entity.

RF FAQ http://terrymorgan.net/rffaq.zip

Tuts http://terrymorgan.net/download.htm
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

Hmm. ok i think i will get rid of the skybox because the skybox i bigger than the level.
-----