Realistic water tutorial

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
ace

I'd like to introduce myself. I also like to know about GMax

Post by ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:16 pm

Hi... :) My name is Philip and I just downloaded a copy of "Reality Factory." One of the reasons the software caught my attention is because of its compitability for GMAX software. How far can you go using GMAX in Reality Factory :?: Can you do character animation with GMAX and have it imported to Reality Factory...? or will it only except 3D GMAX models?

Best Regards;

Philip :wink:

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:00 pm

Hi... Smile My name is Philip and I just downloaded a copy of "Reality Factory." One of the reasons the software caught my attention is because of its compitability for GMAX software. How far can you go using GMAX in Reality Factory Question Can you do character animation with GMAX and have it imported to Reality Factory...? or will it only except 3D GMAX models?

Best Regards;

Philip Wink
Umm... was this really meant to be posted here? It was supposed to be a new thread, right? :)
Well, let's hope the moderators move it.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, Philip!! :D
You can model, texture and animate models in GMAX and then import to RF.
Pain is only psychological.

Destron

Post by Destron » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:35 am

This is frikkin' awesome. Thanks.
If I need water, I'll remember this. :)

gamerX

Really good and clear tutorial

Post by gamerX » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:56 am

Thanks federico, you really helped me because my game has a lot water.

RF is the best.
YOUR IMAGINATION IS THE ONLY LIMIT!
BELIEVE ME!

coolcobra77

Post by coolcobra77 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 am

.. how do i add the texture to the archive? but otherwise nice guide

FragMatic

Using Nem's terrain generator tool with RF

Post by FragMatic » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:29 am

If u use Nem's terrain generator tool, will u be able to use those maps for rf? Can u mix RFEditPro with NTGT?

GMer

Re: Realistic water tutorial

Post by GMer » Wed May 28, 2008 8:31 pm

coolcobra77, you open the program "rfpack" (looks like a kinda wrinkly folder) and choose the default texture library. Open the texture in explorer, click and drag it into the texture list. Save the texture file. Then go into your project. Access the click the project pull down menu (near file)and choose the one on the bottom. Look for the bar with labeled textures ( or something like that) click browse and find your .txl file. Then you can use that texture library.

If you can't understand this, please look in the manual I can be a little vague :mrgreen:
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56