A problem with weapons.

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Dysphoriac

A problem with weapons.

Post by Dysphoriac » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:46 pm

I've been using an older version of RF until a few days ago when I got the new one. I had a level made with weapons in it and loaded it up in the new one and none of the weapons worked. And it was obviously because of the new default weapons in the Weapons.ini file. But I wanted to try the new ones so I tried setting them up, and none of them seem to work. Can some one please tell me how they have their set up so I can find out what I'm doing wrong?
"We revel in rebellious ways, rebellion that the media made. If you change your channel we'll smash your T.V."

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:30 pm

The weapons don't exist.....someone thought it would be a good idea to take them out bc of the download size.....but the didn't think about making the media files avaible seperate....so u will have to make ur own weapons or take the ones from the older version and while ur doing that please send them to me bc i can' figure out how to get weapons to work and cant find the standard ones to see how they work.

Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:24 pm

Well, this brings another problem. I have all of the standard models mentioned in the weapons.ini, I'm not sure how, but I have all of them. So this makes me wonder why it still doesn't work, so if anyone else would happen to have their own working weapons, or these default ones, set up in game would you please help me?
"We revel in rebellious ways, rebellion that the media made. If you change your channel we'll smash your T.V."

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:30 pm

tell me what isn't working? do they not appear? or what? maybe u didn't add them to ur inventory.ini or player.ini

Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:41 pm

Well their models appear in game but i can't actually pick them up. They are solid objects (as in I can't walk over them)

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:49 pm

did u add the right entitys to the weapon objects or did u just make them static meshes?

Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:54 pm

Yeah from what I can see everything is set up right, thats why I can't figure out the problem, it's quite confusing.

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:57 pm

Ok then i really dont know how to help u....i would but when i start rf on my computer and a self made weapon setup it crashes right away no picture at all comes up so i would say u r on ur own....lol but u could help me with sending me one of the weapons so that i can see what iam doing wrong...lol...jk....but it would be nice and maybe i can help u then.....

wiseman2

Post by wiseman2 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:56 am

check the posts in post setup install support.... about not having weapons.... I have the full version of the 072 demo on my site... take the weapons out of there... and copy them to your 072a install

http://www.mapvault.com/uploads/rf/

I have it in both zip and rar format... take your pick

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:05 pm

you used the 'Attribute'-Entity, right? Sounds obvious, but i do not know what you have done. Could you please explain what you did? Would help much.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:19 am

Heh, yeah I did use the attribute entity. I just looked in the weapons.ini and found one of the names of the weapons and tried it in the attribute. When it didn't work I looked and made sure all the model names were right and they are. So I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. Can someone show me how they have all of there things set up?

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:36 am

And you are sure the weapon is in the player.ini also?
Also i don't know if it makes a difference if the player does have the weapon before he wants to pick it up. Try initial = 0 for that weapon.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

GD1

Post by GD1 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:04 pm

you said this was an old level you were using in a previous version right?

try deleting the attribute entities and adding them into the level again. sounds strange but i've had to do this before with other entities before they would work in a new version.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:08 pm

Well, I know thats not the problem because I have actually tried making new levels and I still suffer the same problem. And yes all the weapons are in the ini's.

ok

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:49 am

clear the ";" marks in the "Weapon.ini"