RF PAD!!

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
revolutiongames2004

RF PAD!!

Post by revolutiongames2004 » Fri May 11, 2007 7:03 am

Introducing RF PAD

tools required:milkshape
purpose: quickly design levels

Quick how to:

(note help is incomplete at the current time, it was getting boring, and i figured you might find the actual program useful)
design the floor plan of your level, by right clicking you access the menu, from there you can do a multitude of things, most of which are self explanatory.

The wall editor creates a basis for the side view of a wall for example, the default red is 2 points down the center, this represents the thickness. I would recommend using one of the defaults for your first model to get the feel for what it does. When you edit a wall, make sure to save before changing colors. the back button brings you back to the pad. you can use the scroll on your mouse to change wall types.

Construct model creates a text file with your model information on it, open milkshape and choose import> text... and find your file. If everything goes well, you should see a 3d model of your floor plan which you can turn into a model and using a static mesh create your level.

You can use this in making your games, no credit is required

Questions? Comments?
--------------------------------
download here:
http://files-upload.com/219580/RFPad.ZIP.html
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/166193/RF-Pad-ZIP.html

revolutiongames2004

Post by revolutiongames2004 » Sat May 12, 2007 3:12 am

really nobody has any questions?

has anyone tried it, tell me if you like it

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat May 12, 2007 5:31 am

I think this would get more attention (and be in a more appropriate spot) if it were moved to Level Design. Do you want me to move it?

revolutiongames2004

Post by revolutiongames2004 » Sat May 12, 2007 5:33 am

yea that would be cool

federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico » Sat May 12, 2007 10:03 am

I had few time to try it but it seems really cool. So I thank you for the effort you surely had to spend on this tool. Anyway could you spend some more effort to write some documentation and tutorials? when I see the wall editor I get lost.
keep up the good work
:wink:

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:34 pm

looks cool. you made this with game maker didnt you? the loading screen is a big tipoff
Herp derp.

scott

Post by scott » Sat May 12, 2007 11:07 pm

i tried it but got an error, probably because i didnt extract it all from the zip, i was extremely tierd at the time i had been awake for about 20 something hours and havnt got round to trying it again, i will give it another shot and see if i can get tiw working again soon.
*GD*

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Sun May 13, 2007 6:03 pm

Extremely quick way of making a dungeon level......all i need to add is a floor and ceiling......very nice!

psYco

Post by psYco » Sun May 13, 2007 7:36 pm

i downloaded it... but I wont try it till after meh exams... Im sure ill have questions then :D

revolutiongames2004

Post by revolutiongames2004 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:54 am

awsomeness
i tried it but got an error, probably because i didnt extract it all from the zip, i was extremely tierd at the time i had been awake for about 20 something hours and havnt got round to trying it again, i will give it another shot and see if i can get tiw working again soon.
yep you need the wall files for generating the level
looks cool. you made this with game maker didnt you? the loading screen is a big tipoff
yea it was gamemaker, it seemed like the easiest route to go, btw i made all of this in like 2 days :P
I had few time to try it but it seems really cool. So I thank you for the effort you surely had to spend on this tool. Anyway could you spend some more effort to write some documentation and tutorials? when I see the wall editor I get lost.
keep up the good work
definitely, i think im going to try to come out with a second version pretty soon with like 5 new features and docs, i just wanted to see if people would use it first
Extremely quick way of making a dungeon level......all i need to add is a floor and ceiling......very nice!
next version should have that too

finally if you noticed that some of the corner walls that are external look weird on certain wall shapes note that it will be fixed in the next version