Melee weapon problem [Spanish Community]

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Danimita92

Melee weapon problem [Spanish Community]

Post by Danimita92 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:26 pm

Question from Drugaddict, from the Spanish RF community:

Apparently, never mind how you put the firerate, melee attacks will only happen after the melee attack animation ends. This happens in 1st person view, but not in third person view. How come it just ignores the firerate?

ArKanuS

Re: Melee weapon problem [Spanish Community]

Post by ArKanuS » Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 am

ask QOD, I have no idea

Matte

Post by Matte » Tue May 20, 2008 8:04 pm

Matte: What? We're going to help those Spanish dogs?!... Forum admin:Euhm, Matte, we're live. Matte:What? We're live? Woops...
Ahem. Sorry for that. I just want to know how much time there is between the animation and the attack. In GuildWars there is also a slight diffirence, as in a lot of other games too. So is it 1 second, 2 seconds,... and is it really irritating when playing the game?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue May 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Danimita92 wrote:Question from Drugaddict, from the Spanish RF community:

Apparently, never mind how you put the firerate, melee attacks will only happen after the melee attack animation ends. This happens in 1st person view, but not in third person view. How come it just ignores the firerate?
Why make an animation that is longer than the firerate? It would look rather strange. That's why the code first checks if the animation is still playing and if it's not playing anymore it will check the firerate.
3rd person view is treated as an orphan in this respect as the code only checks the firerate but not the state of the animation.

Zidane

Post by Zidane » Tue May 20, 2008 9:34 pm

QuestOfDreams wrote:Why make an animation that is longer than the firerate? It would look rather strange. That's why the code first checks if the animation is still playing and if it's not playing anymore it will check the firerate.

It may seem strange, but it is not. The problem is that the weapon is a melee weapon, but it is not as a sword or a knife. The weapon is a rotating blade which rotates quickly. why its firerate must be very short, to cause damage many times during the animation.

It is simply a matter of realism for this weapon, but finally i configured as a weapon of very short-range projectiles.

Thanks

PD: Matte: What? We're going to help those Spanish dogs? Drugaddict: wof! wof!

jessica08

Post by jessica08 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:08 pm

Before I proceed, Can I ask what are those melee weapons?
Couzin Ed: Yeah, the rock makes it feel so good!
Lazlow - V-Rock: Im touching myself.
Couzin Ed: Speaking of which, after losing my pinky, Ive mastered my
butterfly knife which is the pinnacle of reckless living. My face in roast beef!