Large worlds and terrains

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
switch

Large worlds and terrains

Post by switch » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:19 pm

What would be the best way to make terrain with terrain generator for a large outdoor world, I have 15 max size rooms, max size means they were 4000 every side and top all is what I mean except for wall thickness, all connected and the all walls cut out, and then even I stretched it to what seem to be the engines max size that it would allow cause any bigger it seemed something would go wrong the program would close or it wouldn't build or something.

I haven't tried it yet but could I merge two saved rooms that size or maybe several or are there limitations? And my first questions whats a good way to make large terrains I want to make mountainous that will turn out good using terrain generator?

Also could equity icon be added to the RFTray it would be nice to have it there? Can the program and parts be opened in a C++ builder so maybe it could be added in there if you want and if it can what would you open if anyone knows?