F.O.G. (Fog On The Ground :D )

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
dylanwinn

Re: F.O.G. (Fog On The Ground :D )

Post by dylanwinn » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 am

So, an invisible brush filled with fog wont work?

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Well,I don't know how to make one,it will be awesome and it will work! Is it really possible to make and invisible brush filled with fog?

Matte

Post by Matte » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 am

There's a texture steven8 once posted, and I think it made your brush invisible, so then you could maybe add fog in that brush?

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 pm

ammmhow do I add a fog to a brush? Is there really an option for this? if yes,than it would be really cool,but in the brush options (presing PGDN) there isn't an option for adding fog to a brush or something...

Matte

Post by Matte » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:51 am

well, didn't you add fog to your harbour thing? isn't there like an entity or something?

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:45 pm

yeah,I was taslking about putting fog into a transparent brush....if I can call it like that - fogbrush :D . so that way the fog will be contained in a brush,and yes,the fog is activated in the enviroment setup.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:03 pm

You could try flipbooks as textures. You put several semi-transparent sheet brushes over each other and use flipbooks that replace the textures of that brushes. You can use only one set of flipbook pictures, but you can add several flipbook entities that all change the pictures at different speeds. Maybe you can achieve the effect this way.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:38 pm

http://www.realityfactory.info/cms/imag ... otm006.jpg that's made with RF,right? It has very coll fog effect on the sky and on the ground...it looks amazing.

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:02 pm

That was Tabulanis he was a wizard with textures and things. He doesn't come on here now but you could contact him via his website www.frogfaith.com or some name like that check on his profile. I'm sure he would tell you how he did it.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:23 pm

thanks,bernie! I will contact him,when I get some spare time,man I can't even belive this was made with RF :!: it really looks amazing,where can this game be found actually (if it's possible)?

scott

Post by scott » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:27 pm

I agree it looks good, however i have the feeling that any movment by the character and the fog effect wont look so good, the thing with fog is its volumetric while textures are 2D, when moving you will be see up through the fog and see nothing, however if theres nothing to see at the bottom/past the fog then these kind of textures would work nicly
*GD*

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:37 pm

@MH dunno whether it was ever released as a game but if it was Tabulanis will be able to let you have it. His website is still up and running so i assume he is still contactable through that site.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:40 pm

thanks,I'll contact him,as soon as I finnish my weapon positioning and animating (I'm planning to finnish all this today)

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:32 pm

Hey,I found this picture on the internet...it's from a game I used to play years ago (FireStarter)
Take a look at the picture,see that fog on the floor,I remember that this is made with brush filled with fog.I know this because there was a graphical bug,and the fogbrush's end could be seen.If that can be made with RF,it would be fantastic!
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/480458/fi ... 4_023.html