Multi Figure Animations?

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
blutwurstchen

Multi Figure Animations?

Post by blutwurstchen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:11 pm

Is there a way to choreograph pawn animations, such as having two characters wrestling, or a policeman arresting a suspect?

If this were to be done by animating Pawns separately, pawns would have to placed exactly within the level in order to synchronize with each other.

Does anyone have experience of doing this?

bernie
RF Moderator

Re: Multi Figure Animations?

Post by bernie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 pm

Well for the wrestlers you could merge 2 actors in milkshape and animate the seperate skeletons and with scripting you can do all the fight scenes. With the policeman thing you could have 1 pawn for pc another for the felon and a third that is a combination of the two doing the animations as for the wrestlers. When the pc comes in contact with the felon you would remove the individual actors and replace them with the combined actors. you will have to do a lot of scripting to achieve your goal but it is certainly doable.

blutwurstchen

Post by blutwurstchen » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 am

Thanks for all your help. I have a few more questions:

Is there an entity that can switch actors, or can it only be done by scripting?

Which command actually switches the actors?

Thanks

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:52 am

I would use script points, and rotate/move the actors till in relation to each other, they are facing each other, or however you want them to be. I'm not totally sure if you can attach script points to actors, but I think you can, so you would order PawnA to move to PawnB's script point, and rotate him so that he is facing PawnB, then they both start their wrestle animations, or whatever. That way they are seperate, and have their own health. I was thinking of using this for making a car/horse that can be ridden, so you move DriverA to CarA's script point by it's door, then play the opening car door animation, for each pawn.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

blutwurstchen

Post by blutwurstchen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:29 pm

That's an interesting idea. I'm going to try something like that with a horsedrawn cab. There's no reason for the horse to be a separate pawn, but it would be good if I could make the driver jump down from his seat and run after non-paying customers. That way I could use other mot files that I've made for other pawns.
Attachments
Paris_cab_Giles2116polygons.jpg
Paris_cab_Giles2116polygons.jpg (23.05 KiB) Viewed 432 times