Star wars blast type projectile

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
metal_head

Re: Star wars blast type projectile

Post by metal_head » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Well, I'm afraid I can't think of something else... you can always attatch a sprite to your projectile, but that's not what you're after (me too).

blutwurstchen

Post by blutwurstchen » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Can sprites be fullbright? Maybe it would work to attach two or more sprites at right angles to each other and travelling the same speed.

I've been taking a look at SW battlefront 2 screenshots. I think the projectiles could be a bit chunkier in first person view, but they definitely light up the screen when you shoot.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:59 pm

I haven't done any scripting with RF so I don't know if this is possible but maybe have an ElectricBolt entity attached to the end of the gun and use an ElectricBoltTerminus entity as the projectile. Be sure to set the ElecticBolt's wildness to 0 and to assign the Terminus to the ElectricBolt then you should have a full bright pulsing beam which can be any radius coming from the weapon. I don't know if it is possible but should look good if it is.

If you can't have an ElectricBoltTerminus entity as a projectile then maybe you can stick it to the target instead.

blutwurstchen

Post by blutwurstchen » Tue May 05, 2009 4:27 pm

If you have done this successfully, please post a screenshot. I tried using a bolt effect. It looked pretty crap.