Editor Question

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
nesbom

Editor Question

Post by nesbom »

sorry i have a quick question. im new to this and im wondering what is the difference between using genesis 3D world Editor and the RF edit Pro? Do they do the same thing?
bernie
RF Moderator

Re: Compiling Help with Genesis3d

Post by bernie »

im new to this and im wondering what is the difference between using genesis 3D world Editor and the RF edit Pro? Do they do the same thing?
Well they do do more or less the same thing, but in my opinion RfEditProA does it easier and better.
nesbom

Post by nesbom »

Okay thanks. So I was looking at this manual that was mentioned earlier in this chat session and im on the fifth section and it says to extract the escape.txl file from the media package that we are to download. I downloaded the main installer, and tools yet i seem not to be able to find this package they are talking about and it seems like i can't recreate the demo they talk about without this file. Would anyone happen to know where i can find it?
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

It's not available any more see this thread
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1243&p=33564&hilit=Dan+valeo#p33564
graywolf says he may have a copy, you might want to pm him.
nesbom

Post by nesbom »

hmm so being that im a new user, what could i use or do to understand how to build a level and where do i get other .txl files from if any?
zany_001

Re: Editor Question

Post by zany_001 »

Reality Factory comes with three .txl files I believe, but they aren't that good, however for basic stuff you could start with those. However to get good texture libraries, you should create your own. To do that, you create/download all the textures that you want, and then use RF's texture packer to make them into a .txl. It has a fairly simple interface, and is included in the tools folder of your RF install. All the textures you use should be a multiple of two, so 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, etc. and should be in the .BMP or .TGA format.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
nesbom

Re: Editor Question

Post by nesbom »

thanks for that zanny! ill do that