Newbie want take screenshots

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
blutwurstchen

Newbie want take screenshots

Post by blutwurstchen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 pm

I've been trying to find out how to take screenshots, and there doesn't seem to be anything in the manual or FAQ's about this.

I took a screenshot from the demo once (by accident), and have not been able to do it again.

Also, does anyone have any advice about software to capture video from my demo, which uses a format that I can post in these forums?

Allanon

Re: Newbie want take screenshots

Post by Allanon » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 pm

F8 will take a screenshot.

blutwurstchen

Post by blutwurstchen » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:30 am

Thanks for your response. I tried that, and it gave me a screenshot which was only 160 pixels tall. Might be a bit tough to point out any finer texture problems.

Maybe there are some settings that I can adjust, or other software that I can use to capture the image.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:42 am

Screenshots are saved as screen000.bmp, screen001.bmp etc in the main folder where realityfactory.exe is located. The size is determined by the video resolution you have selected for RF. I suppose what you've found is a savegame screenshot which are by default scaled down to 160x120 (which can also be changed in the menu.ini file btw). You can change the key for taking screenshots in the options->controls (in-game) menu like any other key.

blutwurstchen

Post by blutwurstchen » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks, that was really useful, and yes I was looking at the save game image which get saved in the bitmaps folder.