pack.vsf

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
aitina

pack.vsf

Post by aitina » Thu May 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Hello World :D

When I launch "Gamebuider" I get a complete file for a demo game

What is the file that has completed "pack.vsf" because initially it only 1K :shock:

I'm french and I do not speak English. Excuse me. :(

best regards :)

Zidane

Re: pack.vsf

Post by Zidane » Thu May 21, 2009 6:17 pm

I have the same problem. I must rebuild many times the pack file , but nevre work fine

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: pack.vsf

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu May 21, 2009 8:32 pm

@ aitina
The name of the tool Gamebuilder might be a bit misleading. All it does is packing the resources required by your game into a VFS file (similar to a ZIP file; some files cannot be put into this VFS file tough, because Windows needs to access them and can't read from the VFS file). If you run Gamebuilder on the default RF installation you will - of course - get the same demo game but with the files placed in the VFS file instead of the different directories. In the default installation the resources are not placed in the pack file to help people understand the structure of Reality Factory. Therefore the default VFS file is only 1kb in size - it's empty.

Read this tutorial to get started with Reality Factory.

@Zidane
If you're using RF 0.76 the Gamebuilder should work fine. If it does not and you are sure you've set up everything correctly then please post a bug report.