Getting ElectricBolt to make sound.

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
incenseman2003

Getting ElectricBolt to make sound.

Post by incenseman2003 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:04 pm

I have placed an ElectricBolt entity in a level and gave it a wav file for "Soundfile". In game the sound cannot be heard but the "ElectricBolt" is running great.

Also I have given a trigger a wav file for the "Soundfile" and that sound cannot be heard in game when the trigger is activated.

I see that the weapons use wav files and they make sound, so I know that wav files are supported.

Any suggestions?
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.

darksmaster923

Re: Getting ElectricBolt to make sound.

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 am

Is it a 3d sound? It might be playing but you can't hear it
Herp derp.

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:38 am

Could you please be more pacific?

How could it be playing and me not hear it? I have tried it with the volume all the way up and still no sound for those entities.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:49 am

Well, you can only hear sounds that are within an audible radius. The audible radius is usually set in the EnvironmentSetup Entity. Also, can you post the entity info here?
Herp derp.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 am

The sound effect for electric bolt entities is broken in the current version. The code in question was disabled at some point for no good reason. I've re-enabled it for the next version of RF.

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:26 pm

QuestOfDreams wrote:The sound effect for electric bolt entities is broken in the current version. The code in question was disabled at some point for no good reason. I've re-enabled it for the next version of RF.
I figured that it was something like that.

Is that next version going to be ready for DL any time in the near future? :cry:

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:49 pm

I figured that it was something like that to. LOL!!

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Could someone that has the source code for RF please re-enable the sound for the entities, recompile it and upload it somewhere. I am not a programmer but if all that needs to be done it to un-comment the sound for the entities part of the code then I am sure it is an easy fix for someone that knows what they are doing. All I need is just that one thing to make a game. With the little time that Andy has to work on RF2 that may take quite a while. I have come to believe that is the next version and there will be no more updates for RF1. All I need is to have entities make sound. Just that one thing. everything else seems to work the way I need it to.

Please! Please! Please! Please! :(

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Andy is actually not active on RF2 at the moment. I'm the lone developer right now.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:57 pm

What are the odds that the entity sound can be turned back on and the new engine uploaded? I am right the point where I can start working on a game. I just need that one thing to get it done. It is barely within reach and still not attainable. That is sooooo frustrating.

Please!?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:34 am

You could still use a separate AudioSource3D entity and attach it to the ElectricBolt entity until this is fixed.

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:23 pm

QuestOfDreams wrote:You could still use a separate AudioSource3D entity and attach it to the ElectricBolt entity until this is fixed.

I have tried every setting combo that I can think of and i cannot get the AudioSource3D to make sound on its own let alone when attached to the ElectricBolt. Are you sure that the sound for that is not also shut off?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:50 am

incenseman2003 wrote:I have tried every setting combo that I can think of and i cannot get the AudioSource3D to make sound on its own let alone when attached to the ElectricBolt. Are you sure that the sound for that is not also shut off?
Yes, I'm sure. You can hear an AudioSource3D entity in the tech demo level. It has to be a .wav file though.