Error Testing World

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
JordanZimm

Error Testing World

Post by JordanZimm » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:41 pm

ok, i am new to reality factory and video game design in general. I managed to successfully compile my first world but am unable to test it D: when i look for my world in the directory i saved it to but it was nowhere to be found. however; when i open RFEditPro, i CAN find it. so, i can edit it but not play it D:
UPDATE: The problem has been resolved, the problem was associated with the accound not having administrative power, meaning that i could not save my world into the directory(which would be "editing" a file in the C drive, which i cannot do). so, i re-installed RF to my desktop and everything is working perfectly.

Veleran

Re: Error Testing World

Post by Veleran » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:14 am

RF generally seems to like the path C:\RealityFactory.If you can get your own computer or an account just for you maybe it will be even better.

JordanZimm

Re: Error Testing World

Post by JordanZimm » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:06 pm

i have been looking at getting a computer of my own, but havent as i lack the funds(15 and job-less lol). i have been using my own account but this account lacks administrative privleges. anyway, now that i am more acquainted with RF, i wish this could have been the most of my problems as i have no scripting proficiency but have alot that i want to do that requires my being able to script.....