Assistance with wrong texture displaying in RF **SOLVED**

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Humpty

Assistance with wrong texture displaying in RF **SOLVED**

Post by Humpty » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 am

G'day Guys, (First post here, hope to have a lot more in a positive light)

I have created a TXL file which contains 10 Textures (just to get me started).
(If you wish to view this you can DL it from http://iknob.net/iantexls.txl ignore the rest of the site, it was an easy spot to add a file) (I have just seen the file is only just < 2MB with 10 textures, that may be the issue)

My floors are all displaying correctly, texture # 8 in the list.

But my walls are stuffing up.

in RFEditPro they look fine with texture # 7 but as soon as I play the level All the walls are bricks Texture # 1 or 2.

I believe the issue could be with the texture images or possibly some form of leaking. I do not think I am using the brick texture in the level at all.

Where the textures came from:
1) I download images from a website as JPG (I can't find the site in the history)
2) I used tools \ "Texture Image converter.exe" to convert these to .BMP with all default settings, 256x256
3) Then used tools \ "rfPack.exe" to pack them.

Side note if someone looks at the file, yes I know the images are ugly, and yes I know they do not as at yet line up correctly for tiling.

By all means if you believe this is an error with my brushes / walls / boxes and some form of leak then please let me know my own stupidity.

I thank all readers in advance and even more so all posters / repliers in advance.

EDIT: Just now I have opened RFEditPro and my level to find that my walls are all bright colours. When I play the level the walls show as bricks again. Although I can go through and specify the textures to use on the walls again and refresh to see them in RFEditPro, the same original issue occurs. This little piece of info may help you point out my dumbness.
Last edited by Humpty on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a noob with a genuine hobby interest looking for answers not found in docs.
Info on my purpose here can be found at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4831

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Assistance with wrong texture displaying in RF

Post by QuestOfDreams » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:46 am

The editor is a bit picky about the textures names. Make sure to use short names that contain just ascii characters and no spaces.

Humpty

Re: Assistance with wrong texture displaying in RF

Post by Humpty » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:09 am

You surely rock mate.
That was the answer. I altered some of my funcky names of the original .BMP from things like long_gree_grass_07065.BMP to e.g grassgreen1.BMP and then rebuilt the pack and all is well.

I also found that the order in the pack makes no difference, so at a guess it's all based on the name.

Thanks Heaps.
Just a noob with a genuine hobby interest looking for answers not found in docs.
Info on my purpose here can be found at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4831